Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Phases 1-5: Complete!

I'm very happy to announce that, on a very basic level, phases 1-5 of Shmup01 are complete. It's ugly as sin and the code is in desperate need of some cleanup, but it works. You can more around and fire bullets at enemies. The enemies don't move, but they can fire bullets at you. Other than some minor changes (graphics, adding a background, creating a notion of losing a life, and making the enemies aim at you instead of simply shooting down), Shmup01 is done. Once I implement a few more features and clean up the code, I'll begin speccing out Shmup02. I'm not sure what features it will include, but it will definitely include the notion of levels (which will basically be a series of enemy and bullet patterns) and the ability to use various weapons.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a video of Shmup01 shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment